Top reasons behind Australian study visa refusals
Currently Australia is one of the favorite destinations for international students. Despite the fact that Australia education is moderately expensive than other major countries such as USA, UK, Canada; thousands of international students choose Australia for their study abroad. Though numerous students get their student visas to study in Australia every year, but many of the applicants also receive refusal notices.
There are number of factors that can lead to visa refusals. However, the most common reasons for rejection of Australian student visas include:
- Failure to provide required financial documents: One of the most common reasons behind visa refusal is inability of the applicant to meet the specific amount set by the department as to cover the living costs, travel cost in Australia.
- Educational or employment gap: Having a huge gap of unemployment or education that the applicant could not provide evidence of, to show as to the reason that why he/she was not able to get a job or continue his/her education for many years in his native country, can also be a major factor behind visa rejections.
- Lack of knowledge about his potential course or university: Department can also refuse a student visa if the student is not aware of his/her course to study in Australia alongside its location, institution or university name in Australia. It happens quite often as during the telephonic interviews, students cannot even tell the information asked by the immigration officer.
- Incorrect or misleading documents: there are 100% chances of refusal if there’s a fake or bogus document. Many applicants try to change the figures of their income tax or salaries as they think that department will not notice or verify it. However, they are totally wrong as every information and documents submitted by applicants, always go through with their integrity check.
- Irrelevant course selection: One of another reason of visa rejection is the case if the intend course program does not match with the existing qualification or experience of the student or if the student is looking for a big career change through the application to study abroad. For instance, a student having a bachelor degree in Information Technology and now he/she wanted to pursue another Bachelor of Business in Australia.
- Failure to meet requirements: In case an applicant is unable to answer the request of the embassy or immigration officer concerning additional documents or information, or medical examination, visa officer can refuse the visa in such conditions.
- Applicant has no clear plan for education in Australia: One of the other common reasons behind visa refusal is the failure of applicant to establish any solid future plans regarding the propose study course program in Australia.
Though this is not a full list of the refusal factors but majority of the applications are refused for one or combination of two or more above mentioned reasons. However those who are refused under GTE can apply again but if they want to reapply then they must prepare their application very carefully and present a number of supporting evidences to satisfy visa officer that they are a genuine student applicant.