Benefits of holding Australian Permanent Residency Visa
Australia is a developed country and one of the favourite choices of migration as compared to other countries. There are a number of factors that make this country one of the most sought after option for migration including high standard of living, balanced lifestyle, a strong economy and amazing landscaping. People migrate to Australia to have a better life.
Australia has a strong economy, hence the government of Australia strongly believe in encouraging international skilled workers to come and get settled here. Around thousands of migrants over the past few years have come to this country.
Australia is a promised country for millions of potential immigrants as it offers a good quality of life with numerous lifelong benefits.
Various privileges that one can get once he gains an Australian permanent residence:
1. An Australian permanent visa enables the visa holder to travel in and out of Australia whenever he/she wants for the length of their visa. However, even if the visa has expired, he/she can remain in the country for an indefinite period but cannot travel out. If they still want to travel, they will require a Resident Return Visa.
2. The other major benefit of permanent residence is freedom to work. Vis holders are entitled to work for any employer in any occupation, except for working in the Armed forces or Public Service, which is strictly restricted to the Australian Citizens.
3. After getting Australian Permanent Residency, a person has the freedom to travel in and out of the country for the duration of their visa which is generally for five years. In case of visa expiration, person is still eligible to stay in the country but he/she cannot leave Australia (except New Zealand) without a Resident Return Visa.
4. Australian Permanent Resident visa offers a visa holder unlimited freedom to pursue his/her higher education. Permanent residents are entitled to get certain education loans apart from a number of options to choose for university education.
5. Australian Permanent Residents become eligible to apply for an Australian citizenship. There is a certain list of requirements to be fulfilled for getting a permanent citizenship. However, permanent citizenship can only be granted to an Australian Permanent Resident visa holder.
6. Children of Permanent Resident visa holders, who are born in Australia, get Australian citizenship by birth. It can be very beneficial for them because they can enjoy the maximum privileges in the field of education and health care.
7. One of another benefit permanent residents can get is to sponsor their relatives for getting an Australian permanent residence.
8. One of the important aspects of permanent residence is the aspect of free healthcare. Permanent residents are eligible for Medicare, which is an inclusive health coverage covering all the promising aspects of healthcare. Moreover, permanent residents can also qualify for cheaper health insurance.
9. Permanent residents are also entitled for first home owner grant. The visa holders are eligible to receive a $7,000 incentive and waiver of stamp duty for purchase of a first home. In addition, Permanent residents are also free from any restrictions of the Foreign Investment Review Board compulsory on purchase of any residential property.
10. After getting Australian Permanent Residency, the person’s credit rating instantly goes up, which put the visa holder in a better position to get home loans, personal loans, car loans, credit cards etc.
So these are some of the main benefits one can get once he/she is granted the status of Australian Permanent Resident. Nevertheless, it is not always easy to achieve this status and even it can take years to acquire it.