Important guidelines regarding Australian Business Visa
Australia is a great country to live and do business. Various Australian Business Visa Programs motivate successful entrepreneurs, top level executives and investors to migrate and stay in the country while developing new or existing opportunities in Australian business.
However, the migrants under this category, who are taking the first pathway, need to undergo a 2-stage progression to get residency. Initially, visa holders are granted a Business Skills (Provisional) Visa for 4 years. However, after establishing the required level of business or maintaining their suitable investment, they will be entitled to make an application for a Business Skills (Residence) Visa.
The second pathway which leads to direct permanent residence is only open to high-calibre business immigrants sponsored by a State/Territory government. This category is commonly called the Business Talent Visa.
The Australian Business Skills Program is mainly divided into 4 important categories:
- Business Owner category for owners or part-owners of a business
- Senior Executive category for senior executive employees of big businesses
- Investor category for investors or business people who wants to invest in Australia
- Business Talent category for high-calibre business people who have sponsorship from a State/Territory government.
Essential Business Visa Australia Requirements
- Business Talent (Migrant) and Business Skills (Provisional) Visas
Applicants have to sign a declaration approving to fulfill important visa requirements after coming in Australia, which mostly include:
- Applicants need to inform the Department of Border Protection (DIBP) and Immigration of their residential address within 6 months after entering in Australia.
- Applicants have to keep informing DIBP of any following changes to their residential address within 28 days of a change of address.
- In the majority of cases, Business Visa holders need to give input into the Australian economy by involving as owners or part owners at a senior level in a business within the first 24 months after entering into Australia.
- Apart from it, the business should do as a minimum one of the following:
- Expand business links with international markets
- Generate or maintain employment in Australia
- Export Australian goods or services
- Introduce new or improved technology
- Add to commercial activity and competitiveness within sectors of the Australian economy
- Provisional Business Visa Holders
In addition Provisional Business Visa applicants need to:
- Acquire a considerable ownership interest in a business in Australia representing at least 1 of the above mentioned criteria
- Keenly participate at a senior level position in the daily activities of that business
- Keep making true efforts to hold significant ownership interest
- Business Talent Visa Holders
Business Talent Visa holders have to meet the above referred characteristics within 3 years after their arrival in the country. If they fail in doing so, it can result in their visa cancellation.
- Investor Visa Holders
Investor Visa holders need to uphold their Designated Investment for a period of 4 years. However, failure to do the same might result in visa cancellation.