15 Must know facts/conditions about Australian visitor visa
Australia is known as a great place to visit, whether one want to go for a holiday, to meet friends or relatives, or to work or study purposes for a short time. For the majority of visitors, Australia means an endless summer where the living is easy; where the adventures are as vast as the horizons, and a place of can-do spirit and easy friendliness. Every aspect of Australian life and culture, whether it’s high spirited people or its truly great outdoors, is just wonderful.
Here are top 15 must know facts about Australian visitor visa that everyone who wants to visit Australia should know....
- You must have a valid Australian visa if you want to visit Australia.
- There are some of the visa options available for you if you want to visit Australia. You can apply for the following visitor visas if you are outside Australia and hold a passport from an eligible country.
- Visitors of only certain nationalities are eligible to apply for Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) or e-Visitor.
- Visitor visa (subclass 600)allows you to visit Australia for a particular time period as determined by the visa department. Under this visa you can visit Australia for tourism or business visitor activities. Tourism includes holidays, recreation and seeing family or friends while business visitor activities mainly include attending a conference, negotiation or a business visit. People intending informal study or training for less than 3 months may also be eligible to apply for a Visitor visa.
- Electronic Travel Authority visa (subclass 601) is the most advanced and streamlined visa authorisation system in the world. This visa entitled you to visit Australia on multiple occasions within 12 months from the date of the grant of the visa or the life of the visa holder’s passport for a maximum period of three months at a time. Please note that you must be outside Australia when the Electronic Travel Authority visa is granted or you have to be in immigration clearance at the time it is granted.
- e-Visitor (subclass 651) allows you to visit Australia for three months at a time and travel to Australia on many occasions within 12 months from the date the visa is granted.
- You need to provide certain Documents for visiting or entering in Australia.Except from Australian and New Zealand citizens, people of all other nationalities need to present the certain documents including- a valid passport or other acceptable travel document, a valid visa or authority to enter Australia (including electronic visas), and a completed and signed Incoming Passenger Card, including health and character declaration.
- Anyone without a valid travel document, visa or authority, can be refused entry to Australia or delayed until their identity and reasons to enter Australia have been confirmed.
- Visitors to Australia ought to be willing and able to abide by the visa validity and rules while in Australia. In case you do not abide by these rules, your visa can get cancelled or you might be subject to other penalties.
- You must not work while in Australia. However, limited volunteer work may be acceptable in some cases.
- You should not undergo any studies or training for more than three months.
- In case if you are minimum 11 years of age and you plan to study in a class-room environment for more than 4 weeks, you need to pass a chest x-ray examination before begin your studies.
- You must not be affected with tuberculosis at the time of travel and entry into Australia.
- You must depart within the validity of the Visitor Visa.
- Those arriving on a visitor visa (especially ETA) with criminal convictions, can be refused entry into Australia.