Temporary Residence Transition stream (TRT): A popular stream under The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme
Temporary Residence Transition stream is an important stream under The Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) visa, which is a permanent employer sponsored visa and requires a job offer in any Regional Area of Australia.
This stream is suitable for subclass 457 visa holders who have worked for a minimum of two out of the three years (before the nomination is made) in the same occupation with their nominating employer who wants to offer them a permanent position in that occupation. However, the employer should not subject to a labour agreement and who has lodged a valid nomination with the authorities under the Temporary Residence Transition stream.
There are certain basic requirements that an applicant has to fulfil before lodging his/her visa application. These includes...
- Applicant must be under the age of 50 if he/she is applying under the Temporary Residence stream
- Applicant needs to meet the skills; qualifications and English language requirements. The language requirements are equivalent to a minimum IELTS score of 6 in each of the 4 test components i.e. listening, speaking, writing and reading.
- Applicant must be the standard business sponsor of the 457 visa holder to nominate.
- Applicant should not subject to a labour agreement.
- The applicant must have worked in the nominated position in sponsor’s/ employer’s business, on a Temporary Work (Skilled) visa as a primary visa holder, for at least two out of the previous three years before the making the nomination.
- The nomination must be made in an occupation (for the position) that has been an approved occupation in the list.
- The position on which an applicant is nominated must be full time, ongoing and available for at least two years. Moreover, the position must be consistent with the position in which the applicant has already worked in sponsor’s business.
- Applicant must have to fulfil the subclass 457 visa training requirements in each year he/she has been a standard business sponsor.
- Applicant must not be an approved overseas standard business sponsor under the subclass 457 visa programme.
Other general guidelines and requirements
- In case, during the two years prior to nominating, the Temporary Residence Transition stream visa holder has worked for an associated unit of the present standard business sponsor; he/she has to provide evidence that he/she has been working in the same role, along with the same employer and in the same location, for the whole two years he/she held his/her subclass visa.
- If, during the two years prior to nominating, the Temporary Residence Transition stream visa holder has been working for a related body of the current standard business sponsor, and the related body aims to nominate the subclass visa holder; the associate unit must first become an approved standard business sponsor and show evidence that the subclass visa holder has been working with the same employer, in the same profile and in the same location, for the whole two years he/she held his/her subclass 457 visa.
- In case, before the two years prior to nominating, a new standard business sponsorship was needed at any stage to make sure the applicant fulfill the condition 8107 of his/her subclass 457 visa requirements, sponsors have to support evidence that the previous standard business sponsor and themselves as the current standard business sponsor may be considered the same employer of the subclass visa holder. This scenario mostly occurs in situations where the standard business sponsor has gone through any business sale, restructure or takeover that has changed their unit; therefore, need a new standard business sponsorship approval.